Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hindu name in records christian by birth, how to change christian name in marcertificate to hindu name?

hi all,


my 'official' name in my study records is an Hindu name, but I am a christian by birth and church records has kept a christian name. when I got married to a christian girl I got a christian marriage certificate. now the problem is I want to apply visa for my wife, can I submit my marriage certificate + the notary affidavit which would say that my hindu name and christian name are infact same.





or is it better to produce the lawyer notary affidavit of our marriage (we did produce this while applying for passport for my wife).





Thanks for the help in advanced.




Hindu name in records christian by birth, how to change christian name in marcertificate to hindu name?
You are confused,so was your Pastor of your church %26amp; now you will be confusing the immigration department for your wife's visa. Your name in your Passport stands as Kumar, Your name in all you educational certificate stands as Kumar, so better get married to this lady again in the Civil form or court marriage as you commonly call it under the Special Marriage Act,1954 before the Marriage Officer appointed under this Act,this marriage will be registered %26amp; you will be issued Valid Marriage Certificate where your name will be mentioned as Kumar %26amp; her actual/official name which appears in her passport %26amp; her educational certificates. Now use this marriage certificate for getting her Spousal Visa as your wife, just forget about your Christian Marriage, its certificate %26amp; use this Marriage certificate for any other Official use for future. Why I'm not asking you to get your Christian Marriage registered under the Special Marriage Act,1954 for the simple reason for doing so you will produce the marriage certificate of the Church where your name is mentioned as Saloman %26amp; that will further confuse the Marriage Officer/Registrar as your proof of birth as mentioned in your SSC certificate or School leaving certificate or Passport etc mentions Kumar as your name,so please for God sake just forget your Christian Marriage %26amp; Church certificate for any official use just do as I'm telling you here.
Reply:I wonder by the words Hindu name Christian names.Does any law prevents a hindu being named as JOHN JOSEPH or a christian named as Gopalakrishnan? I F one is named as one name and he subsequently embraces to other religion, can anybody prevent this?


No comments:

Post a Comment